Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Slippers for me...Finally!!!

I finally did it!!  I made slippers...whoo hoo!  I've been wanting to make these for the longest time, but was a bit intimidated.  I really am a quilter...not so good in the clothing construction department! But...I needed a pair of slippers and decided it was time I took the plunge!  I purchased a pattern from Winterpeach.  You really should check out her shop.  She has lots of great patterns and for REALLY CHEAP!  

I did finish them, and am pretty pleased with the results.  They are a little sloppy but I cut the pattern out in a hurry.  I was leaving to visit a girlfriend and she wanted to see what I was working on....so I needed something to show!   As a result the bottom fabric was a little too big, lesson learned!!!   The size is a little too big also.   I wear between a 7 and a 7 1/2.  They say to go up a size so I cut out a size 8.  I still need to wash them though, so I think they will shrink up a bit.  If not, I'll take them in at the heel.    The pattern also calls for stretchy cord, but  I had this gorgeous ribbon that looked great with it, so I used that instead.   Cording would have been easier, but not as pretty.     I have some lovely Christmas flannel that I think I'll use for my next pair.  It's starting to get a little chilly here, so flannel sounds really nice!!

My next project is a baby quilt, and I am kind of excited about it!  Of course I'm ALWAYS excited about starting a new quilt project.  I'm sure I'll have pics in a few days.   Or maybe next week since I'm going to visit my Aunt Mary this weekend.    My Mom lived with her before she died, and I want to help my Aunt take care of some business.  Plus, I really LOVE my Aunt, and she is such a fun lady!!!!  

Isn't that ribbon perfect? It actually looks better in person!

You can see the inside fabric  is a bit too big 

I used Lila Tueller's Santorino I love it!!

Cording would have been easier.  The ribbon on this was was a bit too big.  
I hope you have a very blessed weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment